Sunday, July 17, 2011

Weekly Review

Hamed Saber

Hi there!  Happy Sunday!  I hope you've been enjoying your weekend.  In my part of the world we've had a cool(er) few days, but this week the heat and humidity are supposed to fire up again.  Booo.

My week has been fairly uneventful, mostly because I've had a Horrible Summer Cold that forced me to stay home from work for two and a half days.  I'm feeling much closer to normal now, thank goodness, and should resume my regularly scheduled life tomorrow.

One thing I did get to do (when I wasn't in a self-induced Nyquil coma) was a lot of thinking.  I've passed the half-year mark, when I typically take stock in where I am goal-wise for the year, and whether I need to re-adjust my coordinates for the remainder.  I was not surprised to realize that I've fallen short on making any progress at all.  And that's simply because I get too distracted.  There are too many times my attention and my time are spent on things that steer me away from my goals.  Sometimes I don't even realize it has happened, but then other times I choose to let it happen (but always regret it).

So for the past few days I have reviewed and revised my goals and am going to try to get back on track.  The first half of the year may have been a wash, but I'm going to try hard to make the second half ubber productive.

Oh, one other thing we did this weekend is see the last of the Harry Potter movies.  I think it was very well done, as was the entire series.  It's a little sad to see the end of Harry and the gang.

What did you do this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment