Sunday, August 14, 2011

How To Not Be a Coward

rainier n.

I need your help.

I'm failing miserably at this blogging thing, and I know why, but I don't know how to get past it.

I have no problem writing for myself.  I have journals filled with my ramblings.  My journals are my best friends.  But I want to branch out.  I want to write for other people.  I want to share things with you, and make friends, and build relationships.  But here's the problem.  The little voice inside my head (he's this nerdy little dude who really gets on my nerves, but he won't go away) keeps telling me my posts are stupid, and that no one wants to read them, and why in the world would I want to put myself out into the internet void where they will just drift aimlessly forever.

I know I should not care about what other people think, but the point of my blogging is to put myself out there for others to read.  If no one reads me, then no one likes me.  And I can't tell you all the issues THAT brings up.

So, how do you get past that?  How do you quiet that mean old internal voice and just do it anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment