Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Independence Day!

photo by Hryck
Happy Independence Day to my fellow Americans!  I hope your holiday was full of family and hot dogs on the grill and fireworks.  And I hope you took more than a moment to remember the reason for this holiday!

Our day was fairly quiet.  Our extended family is spread out, so we did not spend the day together.  (Sad face.)  So my immediate family (Mr. Babycakes and the two Not-So-Little-Anymore-Cakes) had a leisurely morning with pancakes and quiet relaxation.  Ahhhh!  We did get moving later in the morning and ventured out for shopping and errands.

Our plans for attending the annual fireworks fell through thanks to intermitten thunderstorms and frankly because it was too darn hot!  It got up to 101F today, and none of us were interested in sitting out in the blazing sun to claim lawn space for a fireworks show.  Even sitting in a hot car to claim a parking space in our usual parking lot on a hill would have been unpleasant.  So we all voted to stay in tonight and each do our own thing.


I took advantage of our downtime to relax with a refreshing face mask.  I discovered these masks by Que Bella at Target (less than $3!) a couple of weeks ago, and fell in love with them.  This "refreshing pomegranate" peel-off mask is my favorite, but I have two others waiting in the wings:  a self-heating clay mask and a Dead Sea mud mask.  I can't wait to give them a try.  I'll a post a review of them here soon.

Well, as much as I have enjoyed this mid-week day off, it's back to work tomorrow, so I must get ready for that.  I hope you all have a great rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment