Sunday, June 6, 2010

Weekly Review - 6/6/10

Something I have done for years is to review the past week.  Usually this is done in my planner and/or journal, but since I am trying to ween myself from both of them, I am hoping to share my review with you here.

My weekly review consists of going through my planner for the past week to see what I've done, what I've accomplished, and where I still need work.  I would also go through my journal and read the entries from the past week to see what I was feeling and doing. 

What this is supposed to do for me is keep me on track with my goals.  I should be able to see at a glance where I am exceling and where I am falling behind.  It is supposed to be an empowering exercise.  Unfortunately for me, the last several months have not been very productive, and therefore my weekly review ended up just being another way for me to feel bad about where I am and what I DIDN'T do.

I need to regroup, though.  I need to refocus on the good things I am accomplishing.  And if my weekly review reveals that I am falling behind in an area, then that should just be a reminder of what I need to work harder to focus on in the coming week.

So today, in light of the horrible week I have had, I am not going to put myself through that.  Rather I will spend the day reflecting on my goals and revisiting my plan for getting where I want to be.

Do you have a regular ritual to help keep you on track with your goals and/or responsibilities?  I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment