Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Hit Like a Ton of Bricks

Ugh.  Yesterday I went back to work after a 10-day vacation, and it hit me like a ton of bricks.  I don't mean to sound like a baby, but Waaaah! 

I had gotten used to sleeping until 8:00 AM, sipping my coffee until late morning, and having life run on a very relaxed schedule.  I stayed busy, mind you, but it was a busy that I wanted to do.  It was fun!

Now Mr. Babycakes has started his 4:00 AM work schedule for the month, I've gone back to work, and reality has set in.  Booo.

One of the things I did during my vacation was to set my goals for the coming year.  Let me tell you, that is really easy to do when you are, well, on vacation.  Anything seems possible.  Now that I'm back to my normal schedule and routine, my plans for reaching my goals are HARD.

That's okay.  My bad.  I just have to regroup.  Replan.  And take one day at a time.  This was, after all, just my first day back.  Things will get better once I get back into my routine. 

Right?

4 comments:

  1. Ugh, I agree. Going back to work last week was awful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last week was SO hard, and January is always such a drag, but I do believe it will get easier. It's all about putting one foot in front of the other. Trusting. Praying. Showing up when we would rather stay in bed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My office had the week off after Christmas and my husband took his last week of vacation, too. It makes me more determined than ever to win the Powerball.

    ICLW #104

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes--it will get better once you're back in your routine! It's hard going back after vacation! Happy ICLW

    ReplyDelete