Sunday, February 10, 2013

What's on My iPhone

Hi!  I'm having a bit of an "overwhelmed" day, so I thought I'd make today's blog post something simple and fun.

Here's what's on my iPhone 4:

  • 1479 songs
  • 3 videos
  • 208 photos
  • 51 applications

My iPhone has a 13.7GB capacity, and I'm down to 312MG available.  :(  I'm debating on whether or not to move my music to an iPod.  I really like having everything in one place on my phone, but the space thing is becoming an issue.

I won't go through each one of the apps on my phone.  That would take too long, and would likely bore you to tears.  But here are the apps that I use most often on a daily basis:

  • Messages - for text messages.  I love texting.  I don't like talking on the phone, so texting is the next best thing.
  • Contacts - I keep all of my contact info and passwords here.  It syncs with my Google contacts, so if my phone ever dies, I have a good backup.
  • Calendar - I don't really use this much, as I'm more of a Filofax girl.  But I do use the calendar to remind me of important things, and I also put my appointments here so my husband can see what I have scheduled (I share my calendar with him).
  • Facebook - No explanation necessary.
  • Twitter - Again, no explanation necessary.  I do find that I'm spending more time on Twitter these days than Facebook.  Facebook has just become annoying.
  • Instagram - I use this app to share photos with Twitter, Facebook, and Flickr, and obviously my Instagram following as well.
  • Pandora - I use this to listen to my favorite tunes while doing chores or getting dinner ready.  Right now my favorite "channel" is Mumford and Sons.
  • WRAL-FM - This is an app for a local radio station.  I frequenly listen to their morning show while I'm getting ready for work.  Bill and Lynda and Vanna help to brighten my morning.  :)
  • WRAL.com - This is an app for my favorite local news channel.  I visit this at least once a day, most times more.
  • FoxNews - My other go-to news app.
  • Good - This is the app I use to access my work email, calendar and tasks.
  • Phone - Obviously.
  • Mail - Another obvious one.
  • Safari - My web browser of choice right now on my phone.
  • Music - Obviously. 
Again, I have many other apps that I use on a pretty frequent basis, like Kindle, YouTube, my bank, Google Maps, FourSquare, and Weather.com.  But the ones above I visit every single day, and in most cases, many times a day.

So there you have it.  A quick walk through of my iPhone and my most-used apps.  What are some of your favorite apps?  Please share in the comments.  I'm always looking for new ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment