Saturday, April 17, 2010

What's To Come

For the most part, I'm the type of person who likes to know where I am going before I set out on my journey.  I don't like to just get in the car and go for a drive.  I don't like to window shop or walk through the mall just to browse.  I'm a planner by nature, and along with knowing what the final destination will be, I also want to know what's going to happen on the way to that destination.

No, I don't live in a perfect world, and sometimes I don't get my way.  But I like to keep that to a minimum as much as possible.

So along those lines, I'd like to take some time to let you know what my plans are for The Journal Keeper.  Hopefully the delightful anticipation will prompt you to click on the Subscribe button so you won't miss a thing!

Where We're Going

First, I want you to know that our journey here at The Journal Keeper will likely not come to an end.  I know, I know... I just finished telling you how important the destination is to me.  But there are some cases -- and this is one of them -- where the journey is more important than the destination.  Ours will be a journey of growth and discovery that will continue for as long as you let it. 

How We'll Get There

As I mentioned previously, I have learned a lot about journaling through my own writing and from years of reading about journaling.  Here are some of the topics we'll cover:

~ the advantages of journaling
~ personalizing your journal
~ dozens of tools and prompts

Most importantly, though, I want this blog to be a sharing experience. You may have your own ideas about journaling, and I want you to share them! There will be opportunities for you to participate in polls and discussions, and you may even be a guest blogger! At any time you can leave a comment, or you can send an email to me directly at sharon at journalkeeper dot com.

There will be daily posts, and eventually we'll settle into a regular schedule for the types of posts (more on that later)

So, that's the plan.  I'm excited about this journey, and am looking forward to having you along. 

Until next time, happy journaling!

No comments:

Post a Comment