Sunday, July 14, 2013

A Week in Review - Week #28


Happy Sunday!  We're enjoying a sunny day -- FINALLY.  We've had so much rain lately I was considering Googling plans for building an ark.  I'm glad the rain stopped.  I'm not very good with a nail gun.

This week has been another busy one filled with work and chores and errands and such.  Our oldest daughter had her on-the-road driver's training this week.  She put in six hours of driving with an instructor, and the rest of her training is up to us.  Not gonna lie -- that freaks me out more than just a little.

I also had more on-the-job training for my new position at work.  My feelings about the new position have not changed since last week, but I'm dealing with it.  I took the day off on Friday to take care of errands, including getting my car inspected.  That led to getting two new tires and making plans for a front-end alignment.  Lovely.

Saturday was also busy, but a fun kind of busy.  I used my time wisely during Kayla's gymnastics and worked on writing blog posts for the coming week.  After lunch, we headed to Henderson to visit with family, and then stayed to watch a play by the Henderson Rec Players, "The Sound of Music."  Our family had three generations in the play as nuns:  my Mom, my sister, my sister's Mother-in-Law, and my sister's two daughters.  The play was wonderful, as was spending time with family.

Oh!  My Aunt Judi has a new children's book published:  "Bubba the Beaver."  I'm so proud and excited for her!  You can find out more, and order your very own copy, here.  Please go give her a visit!

And here we are at Sunday.  It's been busy with chores and church and having Sarah's friend over for the afternoon.  I finally have some time for writing.  Thank goodness.

Here's what you may have missed this week on The Journal Keeper:

What have you been up to this week?

I'd love it if you subscribe to this blog.  You can either subscribe to the RSS feed or via email (over on the right).  You can also join the conversation in the comments below.  I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment