Friday, January 9, 2015

2015 Goals Series: Maintain Our Household on a Regular Basis

This post is part of the 2015 Goals Series, where I'll share my goals for the year, why they are important to me, and how I plan to accomplish them. You can follow along here.

wererabbit

Hello again!  Welcome to post number seven in the 2015 Goals Series.  There's just one more after this one, but today we're going to talk about my goal to maintain our household on a regular basis.

I'll go ahead and say it right now.  I'm a horrible housekeeper.  I just don't like to do it, and seem to put it off and put it off until it becomes a "situation."  It would be most helpful if my family members shared in the responsibility, but they don't.  And for me, the drama that ensues when I bring it up with them is just not worth it.  So I don't.  That makes me feel resentful, though.  I have a full-time job that keeps me very busy.  I resent the fact that I'm the one expected to do the chores.  But, it is what it is.

So rather than complain about it and feel mad about it, I'm going to renew my dedication.  I want to live in a clean, and tidy, and well-maintained space.  Doing it on a daily basis will make the job easier and less time consuming, and will allow time for other things I like to do.  And, I won't feel guilty doing the fun stuff if I know that I've taken care of the unfun stuff.  And who knows -- maybe by being a good example to my family, they'll be motivated to join in.

I used to have a complicated schedule for my chores, but I've made it more simple by just assigning a room a day.  That way, I really shouldn't have to spend more than an hour on chores.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who hates housework.  What do you do to stay motivated and push through the unfun stuff?

Thanks for reading.  I appreciate your time!


No comments:

Post a Comment