Thursday, January 15, 2015

Throwback Thursday: After-Holiday Blues

Warm 'n Fuzzy

I've never jumped on the "Throwback Thursday" bandwagon before, but I thought it would be fun to partake in a bit of reminiscing here.  Since the first posts in this blog have long since grown stagnate, I thought it would be fun to look back and bring some of them back to life, as long as they are relevant to today.

Right away I found one from early January 2013 titled "After-Holiday Blues," and it certainly rings true for me a year later.  In fact, I think I get the after-holiday blues at this time every year.

The Fall, and the holiday seasons of Thanksgiving and Christmas, are my absolute favorite times of year.  I'll even throw Halloween into the favorites mix, not because I love Halloween (I guess I'm indifferent), but because Halloween's passing means that Thanksgiving is not far behind.  I love the cold(er) weather, the baking, the fellowship with family and friends, and the gift giving.  And the eating.  (My family is not an Army, but we can prepare food for one!)  I love the way strangers seem more friendly, and the Christmas music playing in the stores.  I love the football on TV, and reminiscing with family about past traditions.  I just seriously love it all.

And when it's all over, I get sad.

It always passes quickly, but for a few fleeting moments after all signs of the holidays are gone, I think, "Well, what do I have to look forward to now?"  That's silly, I know.  Of course, I have lots to look forward to.  But hopefully you know what I mean.

So, yes, I'm going through that period now.  Winter has settled in as rainy and dreary and cold (but not quote cold enough for wintry precipitation -- sad face).  But I know the sun will come out tomorrow.  (Bet your bottom dollar... sorry, had to go there.)

If you've got a spare minute or two, hop on over to my blog post last year.

Do you get the blues after the holidays?  Or do you still have your Christmas tree up in defiance?  :)

I haven't thanked you lately.  Thank you for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment