Wednesday, January 7, 2015

We Interrupt Our Regularly Scheduled Broadcast...

Victoria Nevland
Hi there, friend.

I had planned to continue with the 2015 Goals Series today.  I have three more goals to share. Coincidentally, they are the three goals that will be the most challenging for me, and the three that I have been procrastinating on for the longest.  But, I'm tired, folks.  It's only Wednesday, but I'm tired.

So I decided to take a pause in the series posts, and just pop in to chat.  I don't really have a particular topic in mind to discuss, so this will be one of those rambly posts I warned you about.

(I'm not procrastinating.  Really.  I'm not.)

I still find that I'm struggling with my time.  I'm struggling with finding enough time to do all of the things I want to do. There are so many things!  Yes, I could wake up earlier.  Or I could do something on my lunch hour.  Or I could go to bed later.  The problem I face is, I love to do all those things, too! I love to sleep until the last possible moment in the mornings.  And I like to use my lunch hours to unwind, when I can.  The truth is, most days I don't even step away from my desk for lunch.  And staying up late?  Ha!

I also have trouble with prioritizing.  I tend to do the fun things first -- the things I really want to do -- and then bemoan when I run out of time before I can do the un-fun stuff -- the things I really don't want to do.

The thing is, I know that it's all about choices.  I have to choose how I want to spend my time.  I have to either live with the choices I make, or make different choices.  It's quite simple, really.  But at the same time it's so hard!

*sigh*

This turned out to be a whiny post, didn't it.  Not what I intended, but I won't apologize.  I want this blog to reflect who I am.  And, sometimes I'm a bit whiny.  But don't worry, it won't last long.

Now I'm going to go put on my jammies, have a cup of tea, and meditate.  And tomorrow will be a new day.  And it will be more productive than today, because that will be the choice I make.

Thanks for listening.




No comments:

Post a Comment